Jesus sharply rebuked the comfortable leaders in his day who were more concerned for their own interests rather than the interests of others. He spoke about “weightier matters,” things like justice, mercy, and faithfulness (cf. Matthew 23:23).
In doing so, Jesus was echoing an irrevocable calling of his people, namely to love mercy, to pursue justice, and to walk humbly with their God (Micah 6:8).
Join us for this five-part series as we unpack the link between our design to love God and to love people well as we engage this broken, world of hurt with both the message of hope and the actions of love that flow (super) naturally from the Good News of Jesus Christ (cf 1 John 3:16-18).
Here’s what’s on the agenda:
- Sep 15 – Love Mercy, Pursue Justice, & Walk Humbly (Micah 6:8)
- Sep 22 – Delighting In What God Delights In (Jeremiah 9:23-24)
- Sep 29 – Loving Jesus Tangibly (Matthew 25:31-46)
- Oct 06 – Love in Action (Luke 10:25-37)
- Oct 13 – Special Guest Speaker: Steve Laug with Servants Anonymous. The SA Foundation provides long term housing, recovery and training programs for women and their children escaping human trafficking and sexual exploitation worldwide. For more info, go to safoundation.com.